brimartinez

Bri's Books

Hello, there! My name is Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri. I'm a book lover that lives in San Francisco, CA, and I will literally read anything that I can get my hands on. My go-to genres are usually urban or epic fantasy, anything YA, classics, and popular fiction and non-fiction works. I love going to unique bookstores, and the ultimate happiness is sipping on a cup of tea or coffee, curled up on the couch in a blanket and reading a good book.

I tend to write reviews on books that I really enjoyed or books that I didn't. My reviews can sometimes be snarky and sarcastic, emotional, or just filled with love and mushiness. I'm usually just a laid-back, open-minded and friendly person, but I will get excited and fangirl about books like you wouldn't believe! I always try to be respectful of both authors and readers whose opinions are different from mine, and I love having in-depth. thoughtful book discussions. If you are a fellow book lover that is active on the site, please do not hesitate to reach out and say hi! :)

The One

The One - Kiera Cass What a boring end to this series. This book was anti-climatic, and by the end, I really could much less care who America ended up with and whether she was happy or not. She took what little feeling I had for her and just ripped it away with her poor choices and her unwillingness to lose a boy for fear she would be alone. She needed a nice dose of independence.

The author also resolved issues HORRIBLY. She just kills off every antagonist at the very end to resolve all problems. That is not how plot problems should be resolved. There were a number of things Cass could have done to help resolve some of the issues, but she just took the easy way out. I'm not impressed.

I'm glad this is the end of this series. I guess I'm a tad masochistic for having stuck through the whole thing, but I was just really hoping for some kind of explosive ending or watching America learn to stand on her own two feet (neither of which happened, unfortunately). This series definitely garnered way more popularity than it deserved, and it again just makes me sad that books like this one have become the new standard for young adult literature.