brimartinez

Bri's Books

Hello, there! My name is Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri. I'm a book lover that lives in San Francisco, CA, and I will literally read anything that I can get my hands on. My go-to genres are usually urban or epic fantasy, anything YA, classics, and popular fiction and non-fiction works. I love going to unique bookstores, and the ultimate happiness is sipping on a cup of tea or coffee, curled up on the couch in a blanket and reading a good book.

I tend to write reviews on books that I really enjoyed or books that I didn't. My reviews can sometimes be snarky and sarcastic, emotional, or just filled with love and mushiness. I'm usually just a laid-back, open-minded and friendly person, but I will get excited and fangirl about books like you wouldn't believe! I always try to be respectful of both authors and readers whose opinions are different from mine, and I love having in-depth. thoughtful book discussions. If you are a fellow book lover that is active on the site, please do not hesitate to reach out and say hi! :)

Fall For You

Fall For You - Cecilia Gray Fall for You was the most adorable contemporary romance short story I have come across in a while, and with the perfect dash of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice elements added, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Whether you happen to be a fan of the wonderful Jane Austen or not, there are so many things to appreciate about this Pride and Prejudice retelling. It was truly a fluffy, fun read, and Gray does a wonderful job incorporating a vast amount of emotions and drama in a 100 page story. I was captivated from the very beginning to the very end, and I cannot wait for the second installment in this series!

I loved all the characters. There is Lizzie (aka Elizabeth), Dante (aka Mr. Darcy- the teenage version!), Anne, Emma, Edward, Georgiana, etc… you get the picture. Oh, these names are so very 18th century England! Lizzie is very much a modern day Elizabeth, with a strong desire for knowledge and success and a quick wit. She is a rather complex character, and I loved her curiosity and drive to know everything. Dante is very reminiscent of Mr. Darcy, and similar to Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth’s first encounter, Dante slights Lizzie. However, he comes to know who Lizzie actually is, and I loved seeing him slowly fall for her. Together, they are an adorable and squee-worthy couple, and I love them every bit as much as I love Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth.

Oh, I could continue to gush and swoon about this book, but I do not think that would be necessary. I might be a bit biased with this read since I am a HUGE Jane Austen fan and tend to love anything that is influenced from her work (save Pride and Prejudice and Zombies…that was just bad). Cecilia Gray has definitely made a fan out of me and I am eager to see what she has in store for us next!