brimartinez

Bri's Books

Hello, there! My name is Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri. I'm a book lover that lives in San Francisco, CA, and I will literally read anything that I can get my hands on. My go-to genres are usually urban or epic fantasy, anything YA, classics, and popular fiction and non-fiction works. I love going to unique bookstores, and the ultimate happiness is sipping on a cup of tea or coffee, curled up on the couch in a blanket and reading a good book.

I tend to write reviews on books that I really enjoyed or books that I didn't. My reviews can sometimes be snarky and sarcastic, emotional, or just filled with love and mushiness. I'm usually just a laid-back, open-minded and friendly person, but I will get excited and fangirl about books like you wouldn't believe! I always try to be respectful of both authors and readers whose opinions are different from mine, and I love having in-depth. thoughtful book discussions. If you are a fellow book lover that is active on the site, please do not hesitate to reach out and say hi! :)

Eleven Minutes

Eleven Minutes - Megan Miranda Eleven Minutes is told from Decker’s perspective, and it is a tie-in to Fracture. It is always nice to be able to read what happens from another character’s perspective, especially if that character is Decker. I adored him in Fracture, and I enjoyed learning more about him and getting his take on things. The story encompasses the eleven minutes Delaney was under the ice and the subsequent days she spent in a coma. Decker is desperate for Delaney to wake up, and he spends most of the time feeling guilty over the accident. While I knew he felt guilty for what happened, I had no idea how deep it ran until reading this. Decker’s story is heartbreaking and moving, and it made me love him all the more.

This was an excellent tie-in story, and you can read it without having read Fracture beforehand (although I recommend you do so). Also, at the very end of this short story, there is a short explanation from the author. I liked learning about what intrigued her to write Fracture, just as much as I liked learning more of what happened during and after Delaney’s accident. Eleven Minutes really provides some amazing insight on both the characters and the author herself, so you should not miss out!