brimartinez

Bri's Books

Hello, there! My name is Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri. I'm a book lover that lives in San Francisco, CA, and I will literally read anything that I can get my hands on. My go-to genres are usually urban or epic fantasy, anything YA, classics, and popular fiction and non-fiction works. I love going to unique bookstores, and the ultimate happiness is sipping on a cup of tea or coffee, curled up on the couch in a blanket and reading a good book.

I tend to write reviews on books that I really enjoyed or books that I didn't. My reviews can sometimes be snarky and sarcastic, emotional, or just filled with love and mushiness. I'm usually just a laid-back, open-minded and friendly person, but I will get excited and fangirl about books like you wouldn't believe! I always try to be respectful of both authors and readers whose opinions are different from mine, and I love having in-depth. thoughtful book discussions. If you are a fellow book lover that is active on the site, please do not hesitate to reach out and say hi! :)

Cress

Cress - Marissa Meyer Wow, what a ride! This series just keeps getting better with every book!

I just have to start out by saying that I ADORED Cress and Thorne. Cress is socially awkward and shy, having been held prisoner in a satellite for a good portion of her life. Thorne is far from shy, and I love how he is able to coax Cress into being more open and courageous. Thorne, in turn, learns to rely on others when he goes blind, and he really grows resilient and reliable. The two of them together are a perfect match, and their growing feelings for one another just made me all happy inside.

Cress and Thorne weren't the only couple I loved in this book. Cinder and Kai finally, FINALLY, make a comeback. Kai has learned how to think for himself and is growing more independent, while Cinder comes to terms with who she really is, her powers, and all the responsibility that has been placed on her shoulders. This character growth was evident when they first met after a long while, and it really strengthened their relationship. They were just adorable.

The plot also really came together in this book. At the end of Scarlet, I really thought that there was just too much going on with all the characters to form a solid, coherent plot later on, but Meyer sets everything up nicely. I can't wait for the showdown to come!

Overall, this was an excellent book, the best in the series thus far. Things are really starting to get in motion, and I can't wait to see what Winter and her story will add to this series.