brimartinez

Bri's Books

Hello, there! My name is Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri. I'm a book lover that lives in San Francisco, CA, and I will literally read anything that I can get my hands on. My go-to genres are usually urban or epic fantasy, anything YA, classics, and popular fiction and non-fiction works. I love going to unique bookstores, and the ultimate happiness is sipping on a cup of tea or coffee, curled up on the couch in a blanket and reading a good book.

I tend to write reviews on books that I really enjoyed or books that I didn't. My reviews can sometimes be snarky and sarcastic, emotional, or just filled with love and mushiness. I'm usually just a laid-back, open-minded and friendly person, but I will get excited and fangirl about books like you wouldn't believe! I always try to be respectful of both authors and readers whose opinions are different from mine, and I love having in-depth. thoughtful book discussions. If you are a fellow book lover that is active on the site, please do not hesitate to reach out and say hi! :)

Embrace

Embrace - Cherie Colyer What a wonderful book! I would be lying if I said that I was not surprised by how much I enjoyed this story. The synopsis of the story is rather ambiguous, so even though I was expecting for there to be some paranormal elements present, I was not too sure what they would be. (I will not be giving anything away, either!) Embrace really is a fantastic book. The plot was intriguing, the characters were wonderful and well-developed, and the action just got more intense as the story progressed. I was captivated from the very beginning, and I enjoyed reading every page.

Madison is a great female lead. She is a normal, practical girl, and I found it very easy to connect to her. She is smart, fearless, and I love the relationships she has with her friends and family. My one (and only) complaint is that when she found out she had some paranormal abilities, she immediately accepted them, no questions asked. I would have liked to see her at least question or ponder her new abilities and their existence, but I will take what I can get. Isaac, the male lead and love interest, is mysterious with a hint of dangerousness about him that made him an intriguing character. I really wish we could have learned more about him. There was not nearly enough of him in this book (at least for me)! The attraction between Isaac and Madison is pretty instant, but their feelings for one another deepen as the story continues, and I really enjoyed watching their relationship develop. Overall, the characters were well-crafted, and I found myself really invested in Madison’s story.

With an excellent storyline and characters, Embrace is a book you should not miss out on. It is one of the few standalone paranormal YA books out there, so if you are looking for a nice, entertaining read, look no further! This was a wonderful read by Colyer, and I cannot wait to see what she comes out with next!