brimartinez

Bri's Books

Hello, there! My name is Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri. I'm a book lover that lives in San Francisco, CA, and I will literally read anything that I can get my hands on. My go-to genres are usually urban or epic fantasy, anything YA, classics, and popular fiction and non-fiction works. I love going to unique bookstores, and the ultimate happiness is sipping on a cup of tea or coffee, curled up on the couch in a blanket and reading a good book.

I tend to write reviews on books that I really enjoyed or books that I didn't. My reviews can sometimes be snarky and sarcastic, emotional, or just filled with love and mushiness. I'm usually just a laid-back, open-minded and friendly person, but I will get excited and fangirl about books like you wouldn't believe! I always try to be respectful of both authors and readers whose opinions are different from mine, and I love having in-depth. thoughtful book discussions. If you are a fellow book lover that is active on the site, please do not hesitate to reach out and say hi! :)

Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally Even after finishing this book hours ago, I still have a big, goofy grin on my face. I cannot stop smiling!! (I really think I started to scare my Japanese co-workers. They were probably thinking, Oh, God, the foreigner is laughing to herself. Why, out of the hundreds of thousands of people in America, did we get stuck with the crazy one?) But seriously, I cannot help it! This book was all kinds of ADORABLE and CUTE!

I fell in love with Jordan! She is a six foot tall tomboy who eats, sleeps, and breaths football and is considered to be ‘one of the guys.’ But deep down, under all that tomboyish-ness, she is still an angsty and confused teenage girl. When the arrival of a sexy Texan has her finally looking at a guy, not as a teammate, but as a romantic interest, she has no idea what to do! She has never had a boyfriend, never kissed a guy, and certainly does not know how to date one. She feels the confusion that all girls feel when they have a crush, and she just wants to find a girlfriend to ask about the scary, unknown people called teenage guys. She is adorable and my heart went out to her!

The chemistry in this book was PURE AWESOMENESS. It was awesome in so many different ways! The love chemistry left me swooning and thinking about taking up football myself and finding a good man, and it was soooo cute. But there was not just chemistry between Jordan and her boy toy; there was chemistry between Jordan’s family and her football team. The guys on her team were like her big brothers, overprotective and ready to pound anyone if they so much as looked at her funny. And Jordan constantly argues with her father about whether or not a girl should play football, and when they start to understand one another and really reconnect, it tugs at the heartstrings. Everything was so believable and I felt what Jordan felt, whether it was anger, heartbreak, or love.

Catching Jordan is not just an adorable and emotional love story. It is the story of a tomboy who falls in love for the first time, learns how to overcome obstacles and gender barriers, and never gives up on her dreams. I recommend it to anyone, regardless of whether or not you like football! I am sure you will enjoy it and have a huge smile on your face when you finish! :)