brimartinez

Bri's Books

Hello, there! My name is Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri. I'm a book lover that lives in San Francisco, CA, and I will literally read anything that I can get my hands on. My go-to genres are usually urban or epic fantasy, anything YA, classics, and popular fiction and non-fiction works. I love going to unique bookstores, and the ultimate happiness is sipping on a cup of tea or coffee, curled up on the couch in a blanket and reading a good book.

I tend to write reviews on books that I really enjoyed or books that I didn't. My reviews can sometimes be snarky and sarcastic, emotional, or just filled with love and mushiness. I'm usually just a laid-back, open-minded and friendly person, but I will get excited and fangirl about books like you wouldn't believe! I always try to be respectful of both authors and readers whose opinions are different from mine, and I love having in-depth. thoughtful book discussions. If you are a fellow book lover that is active on the site, please do not hesitate to reach out and say hi! :)

The Heir

The Heir - Kiera Cass Some authors need to know when to just let a series die. This series should have been dead a long time ago. Eadlyn sounds like a worse character than America, and that's really saying something.

Also, just a pet peeve of mine, can Cass please stop taking normal, rather popular names, changing their spelling a bit, and trying to make them exotic/unique?? Seriously, spelling Kyle as Kile does not make the name any different. Same with Aaron being spelled Ahren. JUST STOP. You're trying too hard.

I suffered through the first three books in this series already, and there is no way I am putting myself through any more torture. For those of you who enjoy reading these books, then enjoy, but just know there are much better stories (and better written books!) out there.