brimartinez

Bri's Books

Hello, there! My name is Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri. I'm a book lover that lives in San Francisco, CA, and I will literally read anything that I can get my hands on. My go-to genres are usually urban or epic fantasy, anything YA, classics, and popular fiction and non-fiction works. I love going to unique bookstores, and the ultimate happiness is sipping on a cup of tea or coffee, curled up on the couch in a blanket and reading a good book.

I tend to write reviews on books that I really enjoyed or books that I didn't. My reviews can sometimes be snarky and sarcastic, emotional, or just filled with love and mushiness. I'm usually just a laid-back, open-minded and friendly person, but I will get excited and fangirl about books like you wouldn't believe! I always try to be respectful of both authors and readers whose opinions are different from mine, and I love having in-depth. thoughtful book discussions. If you are a fellow book lover that is active on the site, please do not hesitate to reach out and say hi! :)

After the Storm

After the Storm - Maya Banks Let's just start by saying I'm glad I was able to finish this book. I really struggled towards the end (sigh).

This book was a big let down. After waiting anxiously for Van's story, I might have had high expectations going in, but I felt nothing whatsoever while reading this story. There was no heightened emotions or excitement, no action, nothing. The dialogue was ridiculously repetitive and overly cheesy to the point that it was hard to stomach, and I felt no emotional connection between the main characters.

I was hoping for a lot more in Van's HEA story, and while the book itself is a disappointment, I am even more upset in the fact that I am reaching the end of the road with this series. KGI started out so well, and quickly climbed up my list of favorite series. However, the last couple of books have been subpar, and this one just hit rock bottom. I'll give Swanny's story a try, but that might be the last book I read in this series unless it really impresses me.