brimartinez

Bri's Books

Hello, there! My name is Brianna, but everyone calls me Bri. I'm a book lover that lives in San Francisco, CA, and I will literally read anything that I can get my hands on. My go-to genres are usually urban or epic fantasy, anything YA, classics, and popular fiction and non-fiction works. I love going to unique bookstores, and the ultimate happiness is sipping on a cup of tea or coffee, curled up on the couch in a blanket and reading a good book.

I tend to write reviews on books that I really enjoyed or books that I didn't. My reviews can sometimes be snarky and sarcastic, emotional, or just filled with love and mushiness. I'm usually just a laid-back, open-minded and friendly person, but I will get excited and fangirl about books like you wouldn't believe! I always try to be respectful of both authors and readers whose opinions are different from mine, and I love having in-depth. thoughtful book discussions. If you are a fellow book lover that is active on the site, please do not hesitate to reach out and say hi! :)

Xoxoxo

Xoxoxo - Bethany Lopez Melissa is back, and just as dramatic, fashionable, and fun as before! XOXOXO starts a few months after Ta Ta for Now! ends, and Melissa has some more drama-provoking problems on her hands. Her romance with Brian did not last long, but now she finds herself once again falling for another swoon-worthy senior, Ben Campbell. Add to the fact that her parents are having another kid, and it is enough for any girl to develop premature wrinkles! Seriously, there is only so much one girl can take!

Just like in Ta Ta for Now!, Lopez does well composing a story from a 14 year old’s perspective. XOXOXO is a little more emotionally intense compared to the last book, but I liked it even more for that very reason. Melissa is faced with more than just boy problems (although they are very prevalent) when things better left buried from the past and worries for the future clash tumultuously. These conflicts/worries, as terrible as they are, really help flesh out her character and make it easy for readers to connect to her emotionally. I was able to understand Melissa on a deeper level, and that made the book that much better for me. I loved, loved, loved it!

This book is a quick, cute read that you really should not miss out on! I am excited to see what happens next. Will she finally notice and fall for the one guy who has always been by her side? I hope so!

‘Til Next Time,